Terms of service
- ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF SERVICES
- Welcome to Apps1010 Limited ("we" "us" "our" or "Apps1010").
- Your use of any of Apps1010 services, facebook applications, or software (collectively, the "Apps1010 Service") is subject to these terms of service (the "Terms of Service") in effect at the time of your use. Apps1010 reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service from time to time without notice or acceptance by you, so please check this page frequently for updates and changes. However, changes made to these Terms of Service will not apply to you to the extent that
- the changes concern matters which are the subject of an actual dispute between you and Apps1010 as of the date the changes take effect and
- Apps1010 has actual notice of the dispute as of the date the changes take effect.
- Your use of the Apps1010 Service may also be subject to additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements applicable to a specific Web site, service, software, service level or version. In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and such additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements, the additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements will control. For the avoidance of doubt, if there are terms and conditions in these Terms of Service regarding subjects on which the additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements are silent, such silence will not constitute a conflict and the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service will control.
- By signifying your acceptance of these Terms of Service or making any use of the Apps1010 Service, you signify your irrevocable acceptance of these Terms of Service in effect at the time of your use. If you are an individual acting as a representative of a corporation or other legal entity which wishes to use the Apps1010 Service, then you represent and agree that you have the authority to accept these Terms of Service on behalf of such corporation or other legal entity and that all provisions of these Terms of Service will bind that corporation or other legal entity as if it were named in these Terms of Service in place of you.
- YOUR ACCOUNT
- The Apps1010 Service is not intended for users under the age of fourteen (14). By signifying your acceptance of these Terms of Service or making any use of the Apps1010 Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least fourteen (14) years of age.
- Apps1010 can refuse registration of, or cancel, any account in its sole discretion, at any time.
- Your account will be accessed through your facebook user ID. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Credentials and you are fully and solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Credentials, whether authorized by you or not. It is your responsibility to take adequate precautions with your Credentials and to immediately notify facebook and Apps1010 of any unauthorized use of your Credentials.
- Using your facebook account, you may access and participate in the Apps1010 Service, including viewing, posting and responding to communications on and through the Apps1010 Service.
- CONTECT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Your own text, images, audiovisual media and any other form of intellectual property, including the data, ideas, inventions, designs, patterns and processes in such material (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Apps1010 Service belongs to you and you may use it in any other way without restriction. But by using the Apps1010 Service, you are granting Apps1010 and certain third parties permission to use your Content as described in these Terms of Service.
- By using the Apps1010 Service, you are granting Apps1010 a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of distribute, publicly perform and publicly display your Content on and through the Apps1010 Service and on and through services affiliated with Apps1010, regardless of the form of media used or of whether such services now exist or are developed in the future. If you post Content on or through the Apps1010 Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right to post that Content and to grant the above rights to Apps1010.
- Apps1010 may preserve your Content and may also disclose such Content, with or without notice to you, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that your Content violates the rights of any third party; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Apps1010, its users and the public.
- You understand that posting your Content on or through the Apps1010 Service is entirely voluntary and will expose your Content to public display in a non-confidential manner. You understand that Apps1010 and/or any past, present or future client of Apps1010 (each, a "Client") may view your Content and may develop or have developed Content which is identical or similar to yours, may already know of such Content from other sources or may have taken or will take some other action with respect to such Content. Therefore, you represent and agree to all of the following and acknowledge that Apps1010 and its Clients are explicitly relying on such representations and agreement with regard to your Content:
- The Content represents your own original work and you have all necessary rights to disclose the Content. In doing so, you are not violating the rights of any third party and you know of no other individual or entity whose rights will be infringed by the Content being viewed and used as described in these Terms of Service.
- Your disclosure of the Content does not violate a confidential relationship with any third party, establish a confidential relationship with Apps1010 or any of its Clients or obligate Apps1010 or any of its Clients to treat your Content (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- Apps1010 and/or any of its Clients may give your Content such consideration as is warranted by their respective judgments. Review of your Content shall not be construed as any recognition of the novelty or originality of the Content. Neither Apps1010 nor any of its Clients is obligated to give reasons for making use of or rejecting your Content or to reveal its activities that are related to your Content.
- Neither Apps1010 nor any of its Clients has any obligation, either express or implied, to make any use of your Content. However, if Apps1010 and/or any of its Clients do make use of your Content, whether such use is intentional or inadvertent, no compensation will be due to you or anyone else for the use of your Content or the use of any data, ideas, inventions, designs, patterns and/or processes similar to, related to or derived from your Content.
- Neither Apps1010 nor any of its Clients assumes any obligation with respect to any of your Content except as set forth in these Terms of Service, unless and until it enters into a separate written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that separate written contract. In the absence of a separate written contract, your rights with regard to Apps1010 or any of its Clients' user of your Content shall be as described in these Terms of Service and as existing under the patent laws of Hong Kong.
- If your Content is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact in connection with posting your Content on or through the Apps1010 Service. To the extent you hold a patent in the Content, no license under any patent is herein granted. Any license to use patented Content shall be in the form of a separate written contract, in which event your, Apps1010's and/or any of its Clients' respective obligations shall be only those expressed in such separate written contract.
- Neither the discussion or negotiations between you, on the one hand, and Apps1010 and/or any of its Clients, on the other hand, relating to the possible purchase or license of your Content, nor the making of any offer for the purchase or license of your Content, shall prejudice Apps1010 and/or any of its Clients in any way, or be construed as recognition of the novelty, originality, priority, other rights or value of your Content. Further, Apps1010's and/or any of its Clients' consideration, discussions or negotiations with you will not in any way impair Apps1010's and/or any of its Clients' right to contest the validity or infringement of your rights in and to the Content.
- You hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge Apps1010 and its Clients and their affiliates and subsidiaries (together, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against the Released Parties or their respecting successors and assigns with respect to the Content, including without limitation in respect of how the Released Parties, directly or indirectly, use the Content, with the sole exception that the foregoing release and discharge does not apply to your right to bring a claim of patent infringement arising from use of your Content.
- Content posted by another person or company on or through the Apps1010 Service belongs to the poster. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you do not have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Content that does not belong to you, other than viewing of the Content on or through the Apps1010 Service as Apps1010 may make available.
- Apps1010 owns the Apps1010 Service as a whole, including all computer code, graphics, user interfaces and audiovisual content used to provide the Apps1010 Service, and the combination of all the elements on the Apps1010 Service. The Apps1010 Service as a whole, the computer code of the Apps1010 Service, the user interface and graphic elements are all copyrighted works of Apps1010. Various other aspects of the Apps1010 Service may be protected by intellectual property laws including laws of copyright, trademark, service mark, patent and trade secret.
- Apps1010 owns all right, title and interest in and to the Apps1010 Service. Apps1010 reserves all rights to the Apps1010 Service that are not expressly granted herein. By way of example only, and not limitation, you do not have the right to modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Apps1010 Service and you do not have the right to index or aggregate any portion of the Apps1010 Service (either by hand or by means of a robot, spider, or other device). Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as granting you any property rights in the Apps1010 Service or to any invention or any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right that has been issued, or that may issue, based on the Apps1010 Service.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
- Apps1010 has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or block Content from the Apps1010 Service that it determines in its sole discretion to be in violation of these Terms of Service, to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, that violates any party's intellectual property or that is detrimental to the quality or intended spirit of the Apps1010 Service. Apps1010 also has the right, but not the obligation, to limit or revoke the use privileges of the account of anyone who posts such Content or engages in such behavior.
- Apps1010 will use common sense and business sense regarding Content or behavior allowed on or through the Apps1010 Service. Examples of unacceptable Content or behavior include:
- Abuse, harassment, threats, flaming or intimidation of any person or organization.
- Engaging in or contributing to any illegal activity or activity that violates others' rights.
- Use of derogatory, discriminatory or excessively graphic language.
- Providing information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Hacking or modifying the Apps1010 Service or another Web site to falsely imply an association with Apps1010.
- Implying or pretending to be affiliated with a company or organization with which you are not affiliated, or misrepresenting the extent of your affiliation or role with an affiliated company or organization.
- Transmitting worms, viruses or harmful software.
- Sending unwanted messages to other users (aka "spam").
- Disclosing personal or proprietary information of another person or organization.
- Apps1010 cannot and need not control all Content posted by third parties on or through the Apps1010 Service, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Apps1010 Service you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable and you agree that under no circumstances will Apps1010 be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content. You understand that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. If you would like to report objectionable materials, you may use the flagging feature by clicking the "Inappropriate" link attached to every topic post and reply. Urgent issues can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
- The Apps1010 Service is hosted in Hong Kong. If you use the Apps1010 Service from outside of Hong Kong, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and Content to Hong Kong and agree that Apps1010's collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and Content is exclusively subject to the laws of Hong Kong, not of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- You will comply with all Hong Kong laws, rules and regulations applicable to the export of products, services, software and technical data regardless of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT
- Copyright Infringement Notices. If you believe that any material available on or through the Apps1010 Service violates your copyright, you may send Apps1010 a copyright infringement notice. Your notice must be in writing and must include substantially all of the following: A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Apps1010 to locate the material. Apps1010 requests that complete URLs for each instance of the allegedly infringing material be provided. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Apps1010 to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. A statement that the information in the copyright infringement notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Your written copyright infringement notice must be sent to Apps1010's designated copyright agent via mail or email. Please be aware that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Copyright Abuse Policy. Apps1010 will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, account holders of Apps1010's system or network who are repeat copyright infringers. 6.3 Designated Copyright Agent. Copyright Agent Apps1010 By email: email@example.com
- CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- Apps1010, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account and remove and discard any Content within the Apps1010 Service for any reason, including and without limitation lack of use, or if Apps1010 believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. In such event, any contracts, verbal or written or assumed, in conjunction with your account and all its parts, at Apps1010's discretion, will be terminated as well.
- Apps1010, in its sole discretion and at any time, may discontinue providing the Apps1010 Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Any termination of your access to the Apps1010 Service under any provision of these Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice. Apps1010 may immediately deactivate or delete your account, as applicable, and all related information and Content and bar any further access to such information, Content or to the Apps1010 Service. Apps1010 will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Apps1010 Service.
- After cancellation or termination of your account for any reason, you will no longer have access to your account and all information and Content in your account or that you have stored on the Apps1010 Service may be, but is not required to be, deleted by Apps1010. Apps1010 will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of your account for any reason.
- If you are a member of a private community, and that private community is cancelled or terminated, Content posted to that private community will no longer be available to you. Such Content may be, but is not required to be, deleted by Apps1010. Apps1010 will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of a private community.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE ONLY TO CLIENTS
- If you are a Client of the Apps1010 Service, the following terms also apply to you.
- Subscriptions to the Apps1010 Service may be made available in free or paid versions and/or in different service levels. Not all of the features and functionality of the Apps1010 Service may be available in each version or service level. The features and functionality of each version or service level may be changed from time to time at Apps1010's discretion.
- In order to subscribe to the Apps1010 Service, you may be required to provide Apps1010 with billing and account information ("Billing Information") for a credit card, payment card or another payment system for which you are authorized to approve charges (each, a "Payment Source") to allow Apps1010 to collect payment from you for your use of the Apps1010 Service. You must provide Apps1010 with true, accurate, current and complete Billing Information and maintain and promptly update your Billing Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- Unless other payment arrangements have been made in advance and confirmed by Apps1010, you authorize Apps1010 to automatically and immediately bill your Payment Source when charges for your use of the paid version of the Apps1010 Service are due, without any further action on your part or other prior notice on the part of Apps1010. You assume full responsibility for such charges, even if such charges are declined or not paid by your Payment Source.
- If you register to use a paid version of the Apps1010 Service on a free-trial basis and you do not cancel the trial before the expiration of the trial period, then, upon the expiration of the trial period, your account will be automatically converted to a paid account and, unless other payment arrangements have been made in advance and confirmed by Apps1010, your Payment Source will be billed for that paid Apps1010 Service.
- If your Payment Source is invalid, if charges billed to your Payment Source are declined or not paid or if you fail to pay charges for a paid version of the Apps1010 Service when due, your account may be downgraded, suspended or cancelled, at Apps1010's discretion. If your account is suspended, Apps1010 may, but is not obligated to, maintain your account and/or related content and information, in order to allow you pay the past-due charges and restore your account. If the charges are not paid, your account may be cancelled.
- Unless stated to the contrary, all charges for paid versions of the Apps1010 Service are non-refundable, even if your use of the paid version of the Apps1010 Service is cancelled before the end of your current billing period.
- Unless stated to the contrary, all currency references in paid versions of the Apps1010 Service are in U.S. dollars.
- In addition to any other remedies available to Apps1010, you will pay a late fee of one percent (1%) per month (or the maximum amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is less) for any late payments hereunder.
- You are solely responsible for any and all taxes, levies, charges and fees incurred or that may be payable to any taxing authority in connection with the transactions hereunder, other than any income tax incurred by Apps1010. All fees stated for use of the Apps1010 Service are net of any applicable taxes.
- Apps1010 grants to you, commencing on the effective date of your subscription to the Apps1010 Service (the "Effective Date") and continuing thereafter for the term of your subscription (unless terminated earlier pursuant to these Terms of Service), a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as permitted below), world-wide, limited license to make use of the then-current versions of the Apps1010 Service to which you have subscribed for the purposes of creating, maintaining and administering an online community (the "Client Community"). The Apps1010 Service is licensed hereby, not sold.
- "Client Content" means any content owned, controlled or licensed by you. You hereby grant to Apps1010 a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, limited license to reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and otherwise use the Client Content for the sole purpose of providing the Client Community.
- "User Content" means any content uploaded to the Client Community by any user of the Client Community. To the extent of your rights in and to the User Content, you hereby grant to Apps1010 a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise use the User Content (i) for the sole purpose of providing the Client Community, (ii) for use in and through Apps1010's APIs to the extent authorized by the user of the Client Community who made the User Content available to Apps1010, (iii) for syndicating the User Content to third parties to the extent authorized by the user of the Client Community who made the User Content available to Apps1010 and (iv) to retain the User Content to the extent authorized by the user of the Client Community who made the User Content available to Apps1010.
- As between you and Apps1010, you are solely responsible for the acts and omissions of the users of the Client Community and you are solely responsible for managing the interaction of each user of the Client Community with the Client Community, with other users of the Client Community and with other third parties.
- You will not store or transmit, nor allow any user of the Client Community to store or transmit, any Client Content or User Content on or through the Client Community that violates these Terms of Service, that violates any acceptable use policy applicable to the Client Community or that is, is alleged to be or, in Apps1010's sole discretion, may be in violation of any law, rule or regulation or of any third party's rights, or otherwise exposes Apps1010 to any liability.
- To comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, to protect Apps1010's systems and customers, or to ensure the integrity and operation of Apps1010's business and systems, Apps1010 may access, store and/or disclose any information stored or transmitted on or through the Client Community which Apps1010 considers necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, user information, IP address and traffic information, usage history, Client Content and User Content. Apps1010 also reserves the right to report any activity that it suspects violates any law, rule or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators or other appropriate third parties.
- You may not assign your subscription to the Apps1010 Service, and such any assignment by you will be null and void; provided, however, that you may assign your subscription to the Apps1010 Service to its successor in interest in connection with the sale of your business as a going concern or in connection with the sale of all, or substantially all, of your assets. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Apps1010 OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ACCOUNT OF THAT USER'S USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR Apps1010 SITE ARISING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF Apps1010 OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR Apps1010 SITE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR Apps1010 SITE, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES OR Apps1010 SITE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR Apps1010 SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO Apps1010. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
General These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Apps1010.
The following describes the policy of Apps1010 Limited (hereinafter "Apps1010") on customers' personal information.
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Apps1010 is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of Hong Kong, (hereinafter "the Ordinance") with respect to the management of your personal information. We strive to ensure compliance by our employees and agents with the strictest standard of security and confidentiality.
- ﹛what personal information we collect;
- ﹛why we collect it; and
- ﹛how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, retain and safeguard your personal information.
Collection of your personal information
- Personal information is information that is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained.
- Apps1010 collects your personally identifiable information such as your name, email address and/or other information in connection with the operation of our services.
- Apps1010 collects your billing and account information for credit cards, payment cards or other payment systems from you, when payment for our products, services and mobile applications are required, and shares this information with Apps1010's billing and payment processor(s). Apps1010 does not store credit card or payment card numbers after we have forwarded the relevant information to its billing and payment processor(s).
- Apps1010 may collect information about your transactions with us and/or with our business partners. This information may include information necessary to process payments, such as billing information and your credit card number.
- Apps1010 may receive information about you from our business partners with which you have an account, service relationship or transaction history.
- Apps1010 may obtain information about you from service providers engaged in the business of marketing data.
- Apps1010 may combine your personal information in our possession with information we obtained from our business partners or others.
- Apps1010 may collect your other personal information voluntarily provided by you through posts, surveys and/or site registrations.
- Apps1010 collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, current location, time zone, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
- There is also information about your computer hardware(s) and software(s) and mobile device(s) that is automatically collected by us. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain name, access time and referring website addresses. This information is used by our company for the operation and quality maintenance of our services. This information is also used for the provision of the general statistics regarding the use of our service.
Use of your personal information
- Apps1010 collects and uses your personal information for the operation of our company's website and/or mobile applications. We use your personal information for purposes including identification and authentication, account access and account management, contact, provision of products, provision of maintenance, guarantee and other services you have requested, provision of information relevant to your products and services, provision of advertising and promotional materials by our company, improvement of services, conduction of surveys, researches and analysis and reporting.
- When you have submitted your email address to Apps1010 for the purpose of receiving optional email, Apps1010 will use your email address to send you optional email messages. Apps1010 may also contact you and send you transactional or relationship messages in relation to your account status, security updates and notifications of changes by this email address or any email addresses that you have provided us.
- Apps1010 does not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offer that may be of interest to you. Your unique personally identifiable information such as name and email address will not be transferred to the third parties. In addition, Apps1010 may share your personal information with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to our company, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Apps1010 will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on our company's website or mobile applications;
- protect and defend the rights or property of our company;
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our company, or the public;
- provide to our company's parent company or any other company forming part of our company's group;
- provide to any other person or corporation under a duty of confidentiality to our company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; or
- provide to other third parties which assist in our company's operation.
- Apps1010 does not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Apps1010 keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within the website of our company, in order to determine what services of our company are the most popular. This information is used to deliver customized content and advertisements within our company to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- The web page of Apps1010 is hosted in Singapore. If you use our services outside of Hong Kong, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily transferring information, including personal information, to Hong Kong and agree that the collection, use, storage and sharing of your information by Apps1010 is exclusively subject to the laws of Hong Kong, not of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- Apps1010 uses "cookies" to help personalize your online and gaming experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computers or mobile devices. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by the web server in the domain that issued the cookies to you. Apps1010 will not disclose the information we have collected by cookies to others.
- Apps1010 may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies and the pages you request, when you use our products, services and/or mobile applications. This information may be used for purposes including to:
- identify you as an account holder;
- require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect your account information and contents from being accidentally accessed by others;
- keep track of your preferences you specify when you are using our websites and applications;
- diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- estimate and report the total number of users using the products, services and applications provided by Apps1010 from specific geographical regions; and/or
- conduct research to improve our services.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you choose to decline all cookies, or specifically reject cookies set by Apps1010, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the services provided by our company.
- Apps1010's vendors, service providers and business partners may set and access their own cookies on and through Apps1010's website and software applications. How parties other than Apps1010 use their own cookies and the information they collected is subject to their own companies' privacy policies.
- Collection and use of personal information from minors
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors under the age of 18 If you are a minor under 18, we recommend you to register or attempt to register for any of our products, services, websites and applications or send any of your personal information to us if and only if you have acquired prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for you, such as your parents. Apps1010 does not take any steps to verify the age you have provided us.
- If you believe that we might have collected personal information from your minor under the age of 18 whom you have parental responsibility with and would like to request us to delete the personal information of your minor, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
- Apps1010 may share your personal information when you have authorized us to do so or when it is necessary for the provision and improvement of our products, services, websites, mobile applications and advertisements and completion of transactions.
For external processing:
- Apps1010 will not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your express and voluntary written consent.
For legal reasons:
- We may share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Apps1010 if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- ﹛enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations,
- ﹛detect, prevent or otherwise address suspected fraud, security or technical issues;
- ﹛meet any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests,
- ﹛establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims; and
- ﹛protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Apps1010, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Third-party sites and services
- The websites and applications of Apps1010 may contain links to third-party websites and/or applications. Our products, services, websites and applications may use products or services from third parties or offer products or services to third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include your personal information, is governed by their privacy practices.
- Apps1010 encourages you to review the privacy policies of the websites or applications you choose to link to from our websites or applications so that you can understand how those websites or applications collect, use and share your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other contents on the websites or applications outside of the websites or applications provided by our company.
- Security of your personal information
- Apps1010 will use reasonable commercial endeavors, including administrative and technical measures, to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular,
- ﹛we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems;
- ﹛we provide relevant training to the employees to handle personal information properly;
- ﹛we restrict access to personal information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose your personally identifiable information through the public message boards, discussion forum, chat room, social networking services or other places, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be viewed, collected and/or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these instances.
- Retention of your personal information and other information
- Apps1010 reserves the right to retain your personal information, other information collected about you and contents you submit to or through our services to the extent required by applicable laws, rules and regulations and as reasonably necessary to protect our legal interests and operate our business.
- Access and correction of your personal information
- Your personal information will be kept in our database for a reasonable period. If you are the subject of the personal information, under the Ordinance, you have the right to check whether we hold your personal information, to obtain a copy of such information and to correct any related information which is inaccurate or outdated.
- You may also request to delete your personal information. However, Apps1010 aims to maintain our services in a manner that protects your personal information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you have deleted your personal information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and remove information from our backup systems. Apps1010 will remove the information you have deleted within reasonable time if such information is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information is used.
- Such requests should be in writing by email at email@example.com.
- When updating or deleting your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- Apps1010 may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
In the event of inconsistency or discrepancy between the version in English and version of any other language, the version in English shall prevail.
This statement was last updated on 09 June 2015.
Copyright(c)2015, APPS1010 Limited. All rights reserved.